We encourage all students, staff and community members to follow these recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Social Distancing: What does it mean?
Know how it spreads:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Here are links to our health officials' websites
|Building||BV High School||BV Junior High||BV Walnut||BV Wyanet/Manlius Elementary|
|Name||Aimee Stoller||Megan Haley||Kari Johnson||Stephanie Blessman|
Emergency Assistance Hotlines
|Suicide - 24 Hours 1-800-273-TALK||National Suicide Prevention Hotline||1-800-273-8255|
|for hearing/speech impaired:||1-800-799-4TTY (4889)|
|Poison Control - 24 Hours||American Association of Poison Control Centers||1-800-222-1222|
|Child Abuse Hotline||1-800-252-2873|
|Disaster Distress Helpline||Provides immediate counseling to anyone who needs help in coping during COVID-19 Pandemic||1-800-985-5990 (call)|
Text: TalkWithUs to 66746